Thursday 3 October 2013

RESEARCH: WATCHING OTHER STUDENTS FILM OPENINGS

I firstly decided to look at my own schools projects. I began with Titans Hammer. This was a mockumentary so not of the same genre that I would want to do. However they did use different editing techniques and also had different camera angles such as close up shots and mid shots, there is also craine shots. I then watched Banshee. The film had a lot of mystery and enigma as the film was quite dark and had very cold colours to it.  You saw someone swinging on a swing however you do not find out who it is. This draws the people in to found out what is going on. After this I watched Wotch. You could tell this was a thriller instantly due to the music that creates suspense. They had lots of different camera angles of the same thing which was a great effect to add. There was over the shoulder shots and tracking shots which follows the action. After this I decided to look at other schools. I started to watch Hurtwood House as I knew this was a good school for media. I firstly watched Year of the Serpent. It had very good camera angles even from the beginning as we watches someone hand doing different things. There was also a tilt shot which creates suspense to show what someone was doing to another person. The music went really well as it created enigma and mystery as to what was going on. The editing was good as we could see the titles clearly as they were whit on the black. However when the name came up on the screen it was very plain which is something I would've improved. Finally I watched Equinox. Suspense was created instantly with great camera shots as the camera focuses and then unfocused. We didn't see any people until 30 seconds in where before we had been looking at objects to set the scene. They had diegetic and non diegetic sound for example the radio beeping was diegetic and the music was non diegetic. There was different shots such as when the man moves into the camera. The story is very unclear which really creates enigma.

No comments:

Post a Comment